L'empreinte is looking for 2 artisans to become members of the cooperative.
L'empreinte is a cooperative that has been in existence since 1974. Our boutique, located in the heart of Old Montreal, offers artisinal products made exclusively in Quebec. Being a part of L'empreinte offers an exceptional opportunity to access the international market.
Here are some of the advantages of being a member of l'empreinte.
- Being part of a community of artisans from all walks of life.
- A large space to display your products in the boutique.
- The opportunity to test new products and see the reaction of customers.
- Access to a large volume of buyers, especially during the high season.
- The member keeps 70% of his sales and 30% go to the shop.
Here are the steps to follow in order to submit your application to become a member of l'empreinte Cooperative. Submit your application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "New member application" in the subject line.
*Please note that we are not able to welcome new members in jewelry.
Deadline: February 7, 2020
Your file must contain the following items:
- Artistic approach
- 5 to 10 good quality images of your products. (maximum 2000 x 2000, 72 dpi, .jpg format)
- Price list
- Link from your website or Facebook page
- A short text describing your skills and motivations for membership and your vision of a cooperative environment.
Please send an email containing each of the above points in separate, well-identified documents.
Here are the points to which we will pay particular attention:
- Craft products made in Quebec
- Very good quality production
- Products that stand out from what we currently have in the cooperative
- Products with an interesting sales potential with our customers
- Respect of the exclusive perimeter between St-Laurent Boulevard and Place Jacques-Cartier
The various obligations of members are as follows:
- The member will have to work in the boutique 3 periods per month. (from 18 to 24 hours per month depending on the season)
- Performs various tasks annually such as maintenance, administration, marketing, computer work, etc. (about 20 hours per year)
- Living in Montreal or the surrounding area
- Want to get involved in a group and work as a team!
The assets to become a member:
- Enjoy working in a shop and have good interpersonal skills.
- Speak a minimum of English as we have a large English-speaking clientele.
- Have knowledge to work on the computer
- Be open-minded and above all cooperative!
If your candidacy is accepted, you will be invited to present yourself at our next meeting on February 26th. (Attendance is mandatory) You will have a few minutes to talk about yourself and your work, followed by a question period. An ideal opportunity to explain the reasons that motivate you to join our cooperative.
You will be informed of the decision of the General Meeting in the following days, whatever the decision made by the members of the Cooperative.
We look forward to having you with us!