Do you have a cooperative spirit and want to be part of a family of dedicated artisans?
L'empreinte is a cooperative that has existed since 1974. Our boutique, located in the heart of Old Montreal, offers exclusively Quebec-made crafts. An exceptional opportunity to access an international market.
Here are some of the advantages of being a member of L'Empreinte:
- Being part of a community of artisans from all walks of life.
- A large space to present your products in the boutique.
- The opportunity to test new products and see how customers react.
- Access to a large volume of buyers, especially during the high season.
- The member keeps 70% of his sales and 30% goes to the boutique.
Here are the implications as a member:
- Each member must do 3 periods in the boutique per month (from 18 to 24 hours per month depending on the season)
- Each member has the duty to do 24 hours of work per year, either to get involved in the different committees or to clean the shop etc...
- Want to get involved in a group and work as a team
Here are the steps to follow in order to submit your application to become a member of the L'empreinte Cooperative:
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with "new member application" in the subject line.
The deadline for this call for applications is October 4, 2021.
Your application must include the following:
- 5-10 photos of your products that you would like to sell with us
- A price list
- Links to your website and/or social networks
- Your resume
- A short text explaining your abilities and motivations to become a member as well as your vision of a cooperative environment.
- Where did you hear about our co-op?
Here are the points to which we will pay particular attention:
- Craft products made in Quebec
- High quality production
- Products that stand out from what we currently find on the market
- Products that have an interesting sales potential with our clientele
- Respect of the exclusivity perimeter delimited between St-Laurent Boulevard and Place Jacques-Cartier
Here are the assets to become a member:
- Enjoy working in a boutique and have good interpersonal skills
- Speak a minimum of English as we have a large English-speaking clientele
- Have computer skills
- Have an open mind and above all be cooperative!
Here is the procedure for this call for applications:
First, the selection committee will meet during the week of October 4 to evaluate the applications received and make a first selection. You will receive news between October 7 and 9. If you are selected in this first step, you will be invited in a second step to present your products at our general assembly on Wednesday evening, October 20, 2021.
In thissecond step, you will have 10 minutes to present yourself to the members and tell us about your work. We are curious to learn more about you, your vision of a cooperative environment and the skills that would make you a good member of the cooperative. There will then be a 5-10 minute question period.
Usually this takes place in person, but as the situation does not allow it, the meeting will take place via the Zoom platform. This is why, if you are selected in this2nd step, we will ask you to bring to the shop between 5 to 10 of the products you wish to sell with us. These products will have to be delivered to our shop between October 7 and 15. This way, members will be able to see your products before the meeting.
We look forward to having you with us!
The entire L'empreinte team